The Aviva Insurance Cover arranged for Storenextdoor, by our insurance advisors Pavey Group, is a significant part of the Storenextdoor service. When a non-trade or private storage contract is arranged via our website the named parties (i.e. the Space owner and the space tenant) will benefit from inclusion within this important cover.
For members with stuff to store (the space tenants), the insurance covers:
1. Theft of goods (provided the theft is reported to police and was as a result of violent or forcible entry or exit to the property).
2. Damage to the goods if caused by fire, explosion, escape of water/oil, storm, flood, falling trees, impact.
3. For theft and damage, all items that have been listed within the tenant's inventory are covered up to the value of £2,500 Indemnity replacement value per contract. This is as per the cost of replacement or repair of the property lost, destroyed or damaged (to a condition as good as, but not better or more extensive than, its condition immediately prior to the damage or loss). Any single item is covered up to a maximum of £500 on the same basis.
4. £2million of public and products liability insurance cover. This indemnifies you against (1) legal liability and (2) costs/expenses in respect of accidental personal injury, or damage to the space owner's property, which arises in connection with the storage contract.
For members with space to rent (the space owner), the insurance covers:
1. £2million of public and products liability insurance cover. This indemnifies you against (1) legal liability and (2) costs/expenses in respect of injury, or damage to your property, which arises in connection with the storage contract.
Summary of cover for the storage of cars, motorhomes, caravans and boats
Vehicles, boats and motorbikes may be stored either in a garage (providing the garage is not more than 15 metres from your house) or on a driveway or forecourt. In this instance, however, in addition to the Aviva insurance policy that is provided as part of the Storenextdoor service, the owner (the Squirrel) is required to confirm also that they have their own fully comprehensive insurance arrangements.
It should be further noted that:
1. For space tenants making any claim to theft and stored goods damage claims, there is a £250 excess charge.
2. Space owners are able to have up to four contracts running concurrently (total insured value £10,000) or five such contracts (total insured value £12,500) if a garage let (maximum one garage contract) is also included.
The StoreNextDoor service is insured by Aviva (the Underwriters) and administered by Pavey Group (the Broker).
If you need to discuss the terms of the insurance cover, please call Ian Yendall at Pavey Group on: 01392 880000.
The insurance documents that are summarised here are available for download in full:
1. The Insurance Policy Pack
2. The Excluded Items List